Ray E. Liles
- Ray E. Liles, D.S.W.
- Social Work Practice Lecturer
- D.S.W. - University of California, Los Angeles
- Phone: (909)537-5557
- E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Liles has worked in the areas of mental health and children's services for over 30 years. He was a founding member of and for a number of years the coordinator of the Riverside Interagency Sexual Abuse Council, an interagency child sexual abuse treatment program. His interagency work also includes being the first coordinator of the San Bernardino County (California) Children's Network, an interagency group coordinating all children's services on a county wide basis. He has worked for several private, not for profit agencies and during the last 32 years has maintained a private practice as a licensed clinical social worker.
Dr. Liles teaching experience includes courses taught at the community college, undergraduate and graduate levels. At various times he has taught courses for:
- California State University, San Bernardino, Department of Social Work
- University of California, Riverside, Counseling Skills Certificate Program
- University of Southern California, School of Social Work
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Department of Social Work
- Mount San Antonio College, Departments of Sociology and Psychology
Over the years, Dr. Liles has presented papers at numerous local, state, and national conferences. In 2006 he was invited to present a workshop entitled "Using Feature Films to Facilitate Interaction with Groups" at the 28th International Symposium on Social Work with Groups." Also during 2006 he made two presentations at the 5th Annual International Conference on Social Sciences in Hawaii, and presented a workshop at the 5th International Conference on Social Work in Health and Mental Health in Hong Kong related to the changing nature of social work practice in public mental health services in California.
In 2007 he and Dr. Janet Chang were invited to present their research findings on a CalSWEC funded research project on Disruptions in Kinship Care at the Summer Research Sessions on Evidence-Based Practice: Linking Research and Practice to Improve Public Human Services in California in Davis, CA.
In 2011, Dr. Liles was selected by "Social Work Today" as one of ten "dedicated and deserving" social workers in the United States.
"Response to 'Licensing Social Work Faculty: An Issue of Ethics?'" in the Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics , 2007.
"The Use of Feature Films as Teaching Tools in Social Work Education," (2007) by the Journal of Teaching in Social Work .
"Twenty-Five Years in Parents Anonymous" with Lugena Wahlquist in the Journal Groupwork (2007).
"Does Coercion Have a Place in the Treatment of Legally Competent Clients" with Carol Meyer in Controversial Issues in Social Work Ethics , Eileen Gambil and Robert Prager (eds), Allyn & Bacon, 1997.
"Crisis Intervention in Child Sexual Abuse" with Ann O'Brien in Crisis Intervention: Selected Readings, Howard J. Parad (ed.), Family Service Association of America, 1989.
"Similarities in Family Dynamics in Incest and Alcohol Abuse Issues for Clinicians" with Diane Childs in Alcohol Health and Research World , National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 1986.
"An Interagency Program for the Treatment of Intrafamilial Child Sexual Abuse" with David Wahlquist, in Social Work Papers, University of Southern California School of Social Work, 1979.
"The Treatment of Intrafamilial Child Sexual Abuse" in the Conference Proceedings of the Fourth National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect , Los Angeles, CA, 1979.
- Children in Foster Care
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Working with Involuntary Clients
- Educational Advocacy on Behalf of Learning Disabled Children
- Use of Technology in Human Services Training
Affiliations, Associations, Consultations
- National Association of Social Workers (California Chapter)
- Personnel Committee 1997-1999
- Elected Delegate to the National Delegate Assembly 1993, 1996
- Chair of the Newsletter Editorial Committee, 1993-1994
- Board of Directors, CA Chapter, 1990-1992
- Practice Committee, 1988-1989